INTRODUCING THE CRF250LA ABS
The CRF250LA has been revised with styling cues taken directly from Honda’s CRF250R and CRF450R MX machines, the new CRF250L is ready for anything a rider can throw at it: it’s tough, practical and equally at home around a city block or out on the trail.
Well proven, the CRF250LAs tough steel frame and long travel Showa suspension remain unchanged, but new bodywork draws its influence from the minimalism for the CRF450R MX for a sharper, slimmed-down look. A digital dash adds a tachometer and fuel gauge and ABS, with the option of disengaging it for the rear brake.
The 249cc engine boasts more bottom-end torque and peak power from revised PGM-FI and throttle body plus a new airbox, connector tube and lightweight exhaust.
- The CRF250LAs frame is constructed from steel, with twin oval-section main spars and a semi-double cradle. A wheelbase of 1,445mm is matched to a 27.6°’ rake with 113mm trail and ground clearance of 255mm. Seat height is 875mm with wet weight of 146kg.
- A 43mm Showa inverted fork has 250mm of stroke: light weight and rigid, one side houses the spring while the other provides damping control. A 17mm front wheel spindle (2mm larger in diameter) improves rigidity and handling feel. Pro-Link rear suspension features a 240mm axle stroke; the Showa shock absorber is a single tube design with 40mm diameter cylinder.
- Up front, a 256mm floating wave-style disc is worked by a two-piston caliper. Two channel ABS gives the rider the option to switch it off for the rear caliper. Aluminium rims (21-inch front/18 rear) wear block pattern tyres (front: 3.00-21 51P, rear: 120/80-18M/C 62P). A small detail – but a useful one off-road – is that the gear lever now features a folding tip.
- The CRF250LAs 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder DOHC engine has more bottom-end torque and high rpm power, with a linear delivery. Peak power of 18.2kW is delivered @ 8,500rpm with peak torque of 22.6Nm arriving @ 6,750rpm.
- Revised PGM-FI feeds fuel/air mixture through a 38mm throttle body (up from 36mm) and draws air from the airbox via a direct connecting tube. The exhaust muffler has a diameter of 115mm, houses the catalyser and uses two chambers: it’s 450g lighter than the previous design and a larger bore downpipe helps the engine breathe and make more power.
- The engine uses a compact roller/rocker arm valve train and cylinder head, with bore and stroke of 76 x 55mm. An offset cylinder reduces frictional losses while the piston itself incorporates a special surface material, plus a molybdenum coating. The oil pump features an internal relief structure that prevents aeration of relieved oil.
Please consult your local authority before purchasing a motorcycle for learner use. Each state and territory has its own regulations relating to the range of motorcycle models approved under the Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme. Honda does not warrant or represent that the models shown are approved in each state and territory.
HONDA CRF250LA ABS
Motor bikes can be delivered within a 150KM radius of the shop. Please note we can not ship bikes. Proof of identity will be required on purchase.
This price is the rideaway price for this motorcycle if the motorcycle is to be registered in NSW. For pricing outside of NSW please call us on 02 4324 8916